I had the chance to give a talk at the Brooklyn Swift Meetup in March at Etsy about Architecting for Reusability, and how we approached code sharing and reusability at Prolific Interactive.
During this talk, I went through two different scenarios of code reusability for multi-brand projects. I gave insight on how we refactored a project to be more modular using the Factory design pattern and how we architected another project to have flexibility in reusability and customization using B-VIPER.
- It’s never too late to refactor
- The simpler, the better for your architecture
- Perceive the business need to understand what to build
- Use abstraction through Protocol Oriented Programming
- Create modularity through Builders
- Provide flexibility with dependency injection